Thursday, August 3, 2023 • 5:50 - 8:00PM
Grand Valley State University & E3 Compliance
Just across the river from DeVos Place, venue for the IEEE EMC+SIPI Symposium, you will find the DTE EMC Center at Grand Valley State University. Located inside the Shape Corp Innovation Design Center, the DTE EMC Center houses numerous project and design labs. The 6,000 sq. ft. EMC Center is a one-of-a-kind facility that supports EMC education, research, and EMC pre-compliance testing for industry. The center employs co-op students through a unique industry collaboration with E3 Compliance - an onsite EMC, high-speed design consulting, pre-compliance, and diagnostics company.
At E3 Compliance, attendees will see what’s inside the 6,000 sq. ft. EMC and high-speed engineering, pre-compliance, and diagnostics lab. Tour highlights include a new 3-meter automated EMC pre-compliance test chamber, a 25 ft. long GTEM cell, an automotive emissions chamber, as well as conducted and radiated reverberation immunity chambers. The lab is equipped with a custom-made near-field EMC scanner and high-speed measurement equipment for signal and power integrity. Visitors will also see electrical and Electro-Static Discharge (ESD) test capabilities, which are intended for various industries.
The tour begins with a delicious buffet dinner hosted by ETS-Lindgren and a welcome by GVSU and E3 Compliance representatives.
- Transportation will be provided upon request; the tour location is a 5-10 minute walk from DeVos Place.
- Dinner Buffet Sponsored by ETS-Lindgren.
Cost: $20 pp advance / $25 pp after the June 26th early deadline
Friday, August 4, 2023 • 9:00AM - 12:00PM
Board the motor coach from DeVos Place for a short 20-minute journey to Intertek, Grand Rapids. Intertek Grand Rapids is a state-of-the-art 120,000 sq. ft. lab offering a very diverse set of testing services for many industries including the automotive, aerospace, MIL-STD, industrial, medical, building products, furniture, and more. The Intertek Grand Rapids team has a varied background with many employees having worked in the industry for more than 30 years across multiple test disciplines such as electrical and mechanical engineering, EMC, chemistry, metallurgy, volatile organic compounds, and materials science.
The tour begins with an energizing continental breakfast buffet hosted by ETS-Lindgren and a welcome by Intertek’s Michael Koffink, Global Technical Lead, EMC, who will provide an overview of the many interesting test capabilities attendees will see on the Intertek tour. Attendees will also learn more about and see Intertek’s 10,000 sq. ft. EMC test laboratory that includes three Semi-Anechoic EMC Test Chambers, a Reverb Chamber, and a TEM, Stripline.
- Intertek is located just 3-5 minutes from the Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR). Tour attendees may bring their baggage on the bus to Intertek (or drive on their own) and from there easily travel to the airport (transportation from Intertek to the airport is not provided, but is readily available by taxi and ride-share apps such as Uber and Lyft).
- Continental Breakfast Buffet Sponsored by ETS-Lindgren
Cost: $35 pp/ $40 pp after the June 26th early deadline
IMPORTANT TECHNICAL TOUR CONSIDERATIONS
- The technical tours are not open to minors (those under 18 years of age).
- Attendance is limited on each tour; tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Ticket sales are final and non-refundable. However, tickets are transferable should you not be able to attend.
- Each tour has safety requirements and photo restrictions. You will be notified of these regulations on site during the welcome upon arrival. Those who don’t respect these regulations will be escorted from the tour location.
- Please confirm your transportation plans for either tour at the registration desk.
- The organizing committee is not responsible for any items left at the tour location and/or on the transportation vehicle.
- Questions? Visit the E3 Compliance and Intertek booths during the EMC+SIPI 2023 Symposium exhibition and learn more!